This week the stable version of gvSIG 1.9 was announced, of which we had the RC1 in August and the Alpha in December of 2008.
This version possibly makes history, because the maturity is enough to promote it for municipal use, without being belittled by small things that ArcView 3x did and that gvSIG 1.3 did not do.
They have faithfully fulfilled the promised improvements in the Alpha version, marked in red It was extra, it was not mentioned in that first one.
- Legend by density of points.
- Symbol Editor.
- Legend of graduated symbols.
- Legend of proportional symbols.
- Legend amounts per category.
- Symbology levels.
- Reading / writing SLD legends.
- Set of base symbols.
- Two different measuring systems for symbols and labels (on paper / in the world).
- Legends based on filters (Expressions).
- Creation of individualized annotations.
- Control overlap of the labels.
- Priority in the placement of the labels.
- Display of labels within a range of scales.
- Orientation of the labels.
- Different options of placement of the labels.
- Support of more number of units of measure for labels.
RASTER AND REMOTE CONTROL
- Cutting of data and bands
- Export layers
- Save to raster a view section
- Color charts and gradients
- Treatment of nodata value
- Per pixel processing (filters)
- Color interpretation treatment
- Generation of pyramids
- Radiometric enhancements
- Raster Reprojection
- Automatic vectorization
- Algebra of bands
- Definition of areas of interest.
- Supervised classification
- Unsupervised Classification
- Decision trees
- Fusion of images
- Scatter diagrams
- Image Profiles
Some do not seem to be found, as reported in the User list.
It also does not install SEXTANTE automatically.
- New languages: Russian, Greek, Swahili and Serbian.
- Extension of integrated translation management.
English (USA), Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish.
- New snappings.
- Cut polygon.
- Join polygon.
- Previous selection.
- New wizard for joining tables.
-Extension of geoprocessing tools so that they can work with layers of lines as well as layers of polygons.
- Add grid to a view within the Layout.
- Recovery Wizard for layers whose path has changed (SHP only).
- Online help.
- Possibility for the user to hide toolbars.
- New icons.
- Extension management of integrated CRS JCRS v.2.
- Improvements in the reading of the DWG 2004 format
- Improvements in the operation and utilities of the hyperlink.
- Memorize the path where are the legends of symbology.
- Include GeoServeisPort in the nomenclator.
- Units of distance independent of those of area.
- Enter properties with double click.
|The following have been included from the Ministry of the Environment of the Junta de Castilla de León, although GPS has been suggested in user lists. |
- Selection by polyline.
- Selection by circle.
- Selection by area of influence (buffer).
- Select all.
- Quick information tool (when the mouse stands still on a geometry, a tooltip or sandwich with information of that geometry is shown).
- Multi-coordinate display tool (allows to display the coordinates of the view simultaneously in geographic coordinates and UTM, even in a different spindle than the one selected for the view).
- Advanced hyperlink, intended to replace the current hyperlink and allows:
- - Associate different actions to the same layer.
- - Correctly associate several actions within a view (this did not work well in the "classic" hyperlink); Default includes the following actions: display image, load raster layer in the view, load vector layer in the view, show PDF, show text or HTML.
- - Add new hyperlink actions via plugins.
DATA TRANSFORMATION TOOLS
- Export of subsets of tables to DBF and Excel formats.
- Add geographic information to the layer (add fields "Area", "Perimeter", etc. to a table with a couple of clicks).
- Import fields (import fields from a table into or
- Transform points to lines or polygons, and lines to polygons, interactively.
- Print view, using a template.
- Selection of the order of load of layers (allows to specify that by default the shapes are loaded on top of the raster, for example).
- Automatic backup of .GVP when saving project.
For now it is a little tricky to download it, because the web is half fall three of every two days, aspect that seems to be fault of another side.
If you are alive, you can Get it out of here
If not, this is another alternative With JRE y Without JRE And from the FTP
In good time, we will try it this week.