From the 1 to the 3 of December the sixth edition of the gvSIG Conference will be held in Valencia. This event is one of the best continuous strategies that the organization has promoted for the sustainability of a software that never ceases to surprise because of its potential in the penetration of the global market.
Little by little, free software has been taking valuable spaces in a niche where proprietary software has a lot to offer. In the case of gvSIG, it is particular to be a Hispanic initiative, with an interesting integral vision and a hard effort for the systematization of both the processes and experiences of its application.
The jungle of free geospatial initiatives is broad, you just have to see the summary of presentations that I showed of what was the FOSS4G 2010. We are aware that many of these initiatives will not have a sustainable echo unless they unite efforts for self-sustaining continuity based on the community. In this regard, we all hope that in a few years the gvSIG initiative will be recognized as one of the models born of satisfaction in use, rather than in the altruism of free fashion; as what says Álvaro Angiux:
The Community found in gvSIG a project where collaboration and shared knowledge were part of its genetic code, found a project where the technical aspects were important; It could not be otherwise, but they were not the only ones.
The thematic areas that will be treated in these days will be, among others:
- Geodesy and Navigation
- Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- Cartography and SIG
- High resolution sensors and their applications.
All the papers have Spanish-English translation and vice versa when the exhibition is in English. One month after starting, a preliminary agenda has been published, although we must be aware of the Final program In parallel, there are SEXTANTE, NAVTABLE, IDE, GRASS, gvSIG Mini and Desarrollo gvSIG 2.0 workshops; also in days before the day will be held the EclipseDay-MoskittDay and CodeSprint.
What we will have in the day: here a quick list of 36 topics:
- - Multimodal scheduler of Interurban routes Bus
- - gvSIG Fonsagua: Information system for the management of supply networks of Water and sanitation
- – Legal framework Of free software in administration
- - Opportunities that Infrastructure Law and Geographic Information Services of Spain (LISIGE) offers gvSIG users
- - Migration for gvSIG of SIG-RB - SIG of the Ribeira de Iguape and Litoral Sul, SP - Brazil
- - gvSIG Desktop as a tool for the monitoring of experimental plantings in a forest Of araucarias in Brazil
- - System for the management of heritage forest in Cuba on gvSIG 1.9
- - Heritage Viticulture and landscape of the vineyard in geotourism implemented in gvSIG
- - New features gvSIG Mobile 1.0
- gvSIG Mobile Sensor, extension for collecting measurements and observations of sensors on field
- - gvSIG Mini, A free mobile map viewer
- - Design tool Planning Urban and territorial development of Extremadura
- - Presentation of the Pedagogical approach On gvSIG-based GIS learning at the University of Rennes 2 (Brittany-France) for a master's degree in geography
- - Synergies between gvSIG and the Professional Master UNIGIS In GIS Management
- - gvSIG EIEL: an application to manage the information municipal
- - Data management with gvSIG in the Local Management
- - gisEIEL 3.0: Design and construction of Extensions In gvSIG 2.0
- - geneSIG - A customized gvSIG client for the newGIS Infrastructure
- - WG-Edit: a new gvSIG extension for the Street sign management
- - Evaluation of gvSIG and Sextante Tools for Hydrological Analysis
- - Infrastructure of Spatial Data Of Fuenlabrada
- - GIS and free data in sectoral applications: management of emergency
- - Application on gvSIG of checking the documentation generated in the scope of the Project PNOA-POEX
- - Integration of GearScape in gvSIG
- - Data display module Multiparametric To gvSIG
- - Access to images raster From gvSIG using WKTRaster
- – Mining Of trajectories: Proposal of a conceptual model
- - Generating resource descriptions for gvSIG from GeoCrawler
- - Infrastructure of Data isIn 3D of Torrent Town Hall based on free software
- – OSGeo, The foundation for free geospatial software and its Spanish-speaking chapter
- - Use of gvSIG, DielmoOpenLiDAR and SEXTANTE for the production of large volumes of LiDAR data
- - Evaluation of the buildings in the area of Controlled architecture Of the UNESCO polygon. Santa Ana de Coro
- - OCEANTIC. Software for the transfer, visualization and management of digital information in high seas
- - Geographical techniques applied to the study of archaeological sites In the northwest of the province of Buenos Aires
- - Developments in gvSIG for the management and exploitation of data archeological sites
- - GeoWeb Mobile - Application for mobile devices to make approximate budgets for Geotechnical studies.
- - How to do an Geoportal From gvSIG in 15 minutes
Here you can see more of the day, and review of former.