ProgeCAD is a low-cost solution based on IntelliCAD 6.5 technology, which can perfectly be adopted as a replacement for software at the AutoCAD level.
Let's see what progeCAD has:
Similar to AutoCAD
The fact of being similar to AutoCAD both in commands and functionality allows that there is no need to train technicians who already dominate that platform. So actions such as: layer management, multiple text, autolisp routines and the commands themselves work in the same way as AutoCAD although there are different manuals and video tutorials with which you can learn.
Outperforms AutoCAD in some aspects
ProgeCAD It even has some solutions that AutoCAD has not implemented in the latest versions such as:
- Supports files from the AutoCAD 2.5 version to the 2009 version
- It has support for redline and markup, so you can do quality control of files making practical indications
- Convert pdf files to dwg
- It has a module to convert from raster to vector
- Has native support for ecw and jpg2000 images
There are other products that complement it
ProgeCAD comes in two versions: Standard and Professional although there are other specialized applications to extend its potential as:
- ProgeEARTH, This version is oriented to the topography and engineering that includes control of points by cogo, handling of DTM surfaces, contour lines and other functionalities in topographic management including geometric design of roads.
- ProgeCAM, This version is for mechanical design and manufacturing
- ProgeOffice, with this extension you can interact with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel PivotTables
- ProgeCAD Viewer DWG, this is a version to view, print, render and redline dwg files from 2.5 version to AutoCAD 2009
- ProgeCAD file translators, These are extensions that are bought separately to be able to export to and from files such as Google SketchUp !, IGES, STEP, STL, 3D Studio, CNC, OBJ and even an extension to import points from text files.
This is the most attractive thing about progeCAD, because the licenses equivalent to AutoCAD LT called progeCAD Standard walk in $ 250 and the professional $ 399
There are also network licenses that can be used floating or portable usb, these are for $ 599
In conclusion, progeCAD is an important solution that adds to the alternative low-cost platforms to avoid hacking AutoCAD if for price, it is interesting that it can run on Linux and Mac using Parallels technology and as mentioned on the page, the version 2009 contains an interface to interact with Google Earth.