The Masters in Land Management and Management offered by the National Autonomous University of Honduras (UNAH), is an academic program that since its creation in the year 2005, has been developed jointly with the Department of Geography of the University of Alcalá (Spain) . For a consultation that arrived a few days ago, we took the opportunity to inform the basics about this mastership, although at the beginning of 2013 are immersed in the processes of Career Self-Assessment and Update of the Academic Program with which will start the new promotion in the middle of 2013. We also hope it can serve as input for some other university that is in plans to offer a similar service.
This process is supported by the Faculty of Space Sciences (FACES / UNAH) and the Department of Geography of the University of Alcalá (Spain), with guidance to university professionals with knowledge and / or experience in territorial management, urban and rural planning, Management of natural resources, sustainable use of the territory, and the use of spatial data and satellite images of remote sensors.
- The graduate of the Master in: Planning and Territory Management, is a professional with a specialized training in Science and Basic Space Technology.
- He is a professional who can act as Director, Manager or Administrator of a Geographic Information System.
- He is a professional who applies his knowledge in an autocritical and propositive way to administrative, land management, and capacity to develop and develop master plans, specialized projects, and basic maps, cadastral, thematic and zoning of local scales, Municipal, regional and national level for integrated territorial planning.
- Will be able to design, manage and understand the operation of various geodetic instruments and computer equipment and software for the acquisition, management, processing and analysis of geospatial data.
- He is a professional with an attitude of continuous training, updating his knowledge with the new discoveries that are taking place in his field and in the new techniques of acquisition, interpretation and analysis of geospatial data.
- The professional of this Master, will understand the responsibility to protect the reliability of the geospatial data that are handled in his field.
The Master Program comprises 19 subjects distributed in the following 7 cycles:
Ciclo1: Geography and Fundamentals of Territorial Organization
CTE-501 Geography and Spatial Planning
CTE-502 Fundamentals of Land Management
2 Cycle: Geodesy and Cartography
CTE-511 Fundamentals of Geodesy and Cartography
CTE-512 Photogrammetry and Global Geopositioning Systems
CTE-513 Maps: Layout, Layout, Plotting and Printing
CTE-514 Electronic Atlas and Web Map Publishing
3 Cycle: Geographic Information Systems
CTE-521 Fundamentals of Geographic Information Systems
CTE-522 Geographic Information System - Raster
CTE-523 Geographic Information System - Vector
CTE-524 Programming applied to Geographic Information Systems environment
4 Cycle: Remote Perception
CTE-531 Physical Principles of Remote Sensing
CTE-532 Platforms, Sensors and Hyper-Spectral Teledetection
CTE-533 Visual Interpretation of Images
CTE-534 Digital Image Processing and Interpretation
5 cycle: Territorial Planning
CTE-541 Territory Administration - Applications
CTE-542 Territorial Planning - Applications
CTE-543 Territorial Management - Applications
6 Cycle: Professional Practice
CTE-600 Professional Practice applied to Territorial Planning
7 Cycle: Master Project
CTE-700 Research Project (Thesis).
The Master is developed in semi-presential mode, consisting of:
· Virtual Classes (on-line): For each subject the students work online, approximately for four weeks, on a virtual technological platform (Moodle). They are accompanied by a Professor; Who would also provide them with bibliographical references.
· Classes: For each subject, the students attend classes attended from 8: 00 to 17: 00 hours, from Monday to Saturday (48 hours in total).
· Practical and Complementary Activities: Both in the classroom and virtual classes students develop practical activities. The students have the script for these activities, as well as satellite images, aerial photographs and other SIG-FACES / UNAH data. In addition, they carry out activities and projects in some of the municipalities of Honduras, for the benefit of their own training and of the inhabitants of the communities.
Investigation: The student carries out an original scientific investigation directed by a Tutor Tutor, whose purpose is to contribute to the creation and / or interpretation of proposed solutions to national and / or regional problems, culminating in the elaboration, defense and approval of a Thesis Of Degree.
For more information: