Although AutoCAD 2009 has just left, and half the world is looking for the form of «Buy it online»:), the wish list for the 2010 version is interesting:
Wish List Not met AutoCAD 2009:
- Convert PDF to DWG, With the capabilities that have pdf now, it would be nice to be able to extract the data without having to do it with Adobe Illustrator
- Configure Transparency to solid hatch, So that these fill colors can be seen better when printed.
- Block the Scale in a viewport While panning
- Option to send All hatching in the background, happens that all the hatches annoy the front and it is always necessary to be sending them to the bottom ... if there was a button for that we would save a lot of time
- Comparison between Two drawings, that could be called a drawing and make comparison with the other showing the changes in another color and some statistics of difference between objects, levels, blocks ... or something that for the great .... help us understand one version of another. (Of course, if you can add the Historical file it would be better)
- Power option Enter text In paragraph within a dimension, something like a mtext
- Can lock the Display order Of one or more objects, although if they could do as in Corel Draw, that with ctrl + page up or shift + pgup you can manipulate the order of objects
- Power to convert a Conventional to dynamic block Without many turns, or in block or by selection, but that is not so turbid as now.
- To call Raster images referenced as if they were external references ... what the cheles call "overlay"
- You can print the Multiple formats at once, for example print file (plt), pdf and dwf of a single trip. It is not true that the tenders usually say: that the files come in dwf, pdf and dwg ... and doing that one by one is to die.
The list is long but these Are the most voted wishes.
I would tell him:
- May be turned off and on layers With a single click and without going to that panel every time ... or in block with a simple drag of mouse.
- You can call multiple raster images without consuming the the memory In that suicidal way ... there must be a way to do it.
- Take back the command fence Which they abandoned long ago, such as editing fencing selections
- That English commands work in the Spanish versions ... it's terrible to be lost in a legally-bought, erroneously chosen Hispanic sight.
- That they can be written Directions and distances In a column, instead of Old fashioned saying @44.45 <36d ...
- That the Last command always be active, unless another is chosen, for example, if I make a circle with radio 20, the same command is maintained without having to re-circle, enter, enter, enter ... or if I do an 20 offset, keep the multiple option with the same width until you choose another command. Why do I ask this? because the creators of the PC are considering removing the ESC key and there we all screwed up.
- Jolin and that command «list»Display the info in a table and not in the chorizo that is of little use.
Do you fancy someone else? Total, the 2010 version should bring new things, as there is a saying that The versions AutoCAD pairs are reforms, the odd ones are just makeup.
It is interesting that after the What's New in AutoCAD 2012, There are still issues on the mat.