Bentley Systems has announced the finalist projects for the awarding of the best innovations in the use of software solutions in infrastructure management. They are 57 finalists, from 420 nominations worldwide for this 2018 event.
The numbers are cold but reflect why the previous year was in Singapore, headquarters with which will be interspersed with London in the coming years. No wonder, 33 projects come from the Far East, 2 from the Middle East, 6 from Australia, 11 from Europe, 5 from America. It is inevitable to recognize the aggressiveness of the geo-engineering industry of the emerging powers of Asia in the adoption of technologies, especially if we go beyond what was considered as simple CAD and modeling, towards project lifecycle management , industrial and environmental engineering; aspect to which BIM is promising.
The awards gala will be in London, at the annual conference to be held from 15 to 18 in October.
The finalists for the award for their greatest advances in digital infrastructure management are:
- GS E & C Corporation - Jungkun ~ Jinjeong Bypass Road (Sueo-chon Bridge) - Gwangyang, Jeolla-Namdo, South Korea
- Indian Railways - Reality modeling facilitates efficient planning, construction and monitoring of Chenab Bridge - Reasi District, Jammu & Kashmir, India
- PT. WIJAYA KARYA (Persero) Tbk - Design and Build of Road Bridge at Teluk Lamong Port Project - Gresik-Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
- Anil Verma Associates, Inc. - Regional Connector Transit Corridor (RCTC) - Los Angeles, California, United States
- Shalom Baranes Associates - Cannon House Office Building Renewal - Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Voyants Solutions Private Limited - Station Development plan for Gwalior Railway Station - Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India
- iForte Solusi Infotek - iForte Fiber Management System - Jakarta, Indonesia
- PT. Linknet - Linknet Operation Center - Jakarta, Indonesia
- SiteSee - Advancing Telecommunications - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- AAEngineering Group, LLP - Phase II of Pustynnoe Gold Plant: modernization and capacity increase - Balkhash, Karaganda region, Kazakhstan
- Lendlease Engineering - New bridge over the Richmond River at Broadwater - Ballina, New South Wales, Australia
- Tianjin Tianhe-Cloud Building Engineering Technology Co., Ltd. and China State Construction Bridge Co., Ltd. - Main Channel Road Project of Ningbo-Zhoushan Port (Zhoudai Bridge) - Zhoushan, Zhejiang, China
- Avineon India Pvt. Ltd. - Digital 3D Building Model of Rotterdam - Rotterdam, Netherlands
- CCCC Water Transportation Consultants Co., Ltd. - BIM Technology Application in the Municipal Infrastructure Phase I Project of Zhong-Guan-Cun Science and Technology Town - Baodi District, Tianjin City, China
- Yunnan Yunling Engineering Cost Consultation Co., Ltd. - New Municipal Road Construction PPP Project of the Municipal Public Facility Construction Project of Guandu Culture New City - Kunming, Yunnan, China
- China Water Resources Pearl River Planning Surveying & Designing Co., Ltd. - Jiangxi Xinjiang Bazizui Navigation-Power Junction Project - Shangrao, Jiangxi, China
- PT. WIJAYA KARYA (Persero) Tbk - Landslide Disaster Protection Project on the National Road Network - Cianjur, West Java, Indonesia
- Setec-Terrasol - Extension L11 - Adaptation of the Mairie des Lilas Station - Paris, France
- Brownfield Engineering Sdn. Bhd. - Propose 48MW Large Scale Solar (LSS) Project - Kudat, Sabah, Malaysian
- Digital Engineering (BIM) Center of Shenyang Aluminum & Magnesium Engineering & Research Institute Co., Ltd. - Alumina Refinery Project Cooperated between CHALCO and Indonesia - Bukit Batu, West Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Toshiba Transmission and Distribution Systems Asia Sdn. Bhd. - Integration of SCADA System with Electrical Panels for Brunei National Control Center - Brunei Darussalam
Mining and maritime engineering
- CADDS Group Pty Ltd - Rio Tinto Iron Ore Sentry Guarding Project - Dampier, Western Australia, Australia
- Northern Engineering & Technology Incorporation, MCC - SINO Iron Ore Mine - Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- POWERCHINA Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited - Jiangsu Offshore Wind Farm - Jiangsu Province, China
- JSC ATOMPROEKT - Hanhikivi 1 Nuclear Power Plant - Northern Ostrobothnia Region, Finland
- Northwest Electric Power Design Institute Co., Ltd. of China Power Engineering Consulting Group - Huaneng Ningxia Dam Power Plant Stage Ⅳ project - Qingtongxia, Ningxia Hui autonomous region, China
- Sacyr Somague - Hydroelectric use of the Foz Tua Dam - Foz Tua, Alijó- Vila Real, Portugal
- AECOM - Gaining New Perspective through ProjectWise Insights - United Kingdom
- Arup - Arup Australasia Project Systems Team - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Dragados SA & Transport for London - Bank Station Capacity Upgrade - London, United Kingdom
Transportation and trains
- China Railway Engineering Consulting Group Co., Ltd. - BIM Project for the Beijing-Zhangjiakou High-speed Railway - Beijing, China
- Italferr SpA - Naples-Bari Route, Apice-Orsara Double Railway Line, Hirpinia-Orsara Operational Lot - Provinces of Avellino and Foggia, Italy
- Skanska Costain Strabag Joint Venture (SCS) - Hs2 Main Works Lots S1 and S2 - London, United Kingdom
- Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation & Chain Technology Development Co. Limited - Smart Campus of the Hong Kong Science Park - Hong Kong, China
- Skand Pty Ltd - Building Envelope Inspection Powered by Machine Learning and Reality Modeling for RMIT University Brunswick Campus - Victoria, Australia
- Transport for London - Major Projects Directorate - Deep Tube Upgrade Program - Piccadilly Line Upgrade - London, United Kingdom
Management of cycle tracks and rail lines
- CSX Transportation - Annual Patch Rail Capital Planning - Jacksonville, Florida, United States
- Illinois Department of Transportation - Oversize-Overweight Truck Permitting System - Springfield, Illinois, United States
- Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. - Nagpur Metro Asset Information Management System - Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Carregeras and motorways
- Alabama Department of Transportation - Birmingham, AL I-59 / I-20 Corridor Project - Birmingham, Alabama, United States
- Henan Provincial Communications Planning & Design Institute Co., Ltd. - BIM-based Further Design and Digital Construction of the Yaoshan-Luanchuan Section Project in the Zhengzhou-Xixia Expressway - Luoyang, Henan, China
- Lebuhraya Borneo Utara - Pan Borneo Highway Sarawak - Sarawak, Malaysian
- Arab Engineering Bureau - Burj Alfardan - Lusail, Qatar
- Shilp Consulting Engineers - Alambagh Bus Terminal - Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
- VYOM Consultants - K10 Grand Commercial High Rise - Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Services and industrial process management
- Oman Gas Company SAOC - Asset Performance Solution for Reliability Management - Al-Khuwair, Muscat, Oman
- Vedanta Limited - Cairn Oil and Gas - Well Integrity and Flow Assurance Management - States of Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, and Gujarat, India
- Volgogradnefteproekt LLC - Object Modeling and Life Cycle Management: Project Implementation and Commissioning - Volgograd region, Russia
Transmission and distribution services
- Northeast Electric Power Design Institute Co., Ltd. of China Power Engineering Consulting Group - New project of a 750 kV substation in the Bortala Mongol Autonomous Prefecture - Mongolian Bortala, Xinjiang Uyghur, China
- Pestech International Berhad - Substation Design & Automation for Olak Lempit Substation Project - Banting, Selangor, Malaysian
- POWERCHINA Hubei Electric Engineering Corporation Limited - Cha'anling-Xiaojiazhou 220 kV Electric Transmission Line Project - Xianning, Hubei, China
Hydrosanitary systems and treatment plants
- MCC Capital Engineering & Research Incorporation Limited - 400,000 ton / day Water Supply Project of Wenjiang District, Chengdu City - Chengdu, Sichuan, China
- Shanghai Civil Engineering Co., Ltd of CREC - Civil engineering of the Beihu sewage treatment plant and auxiliary project - Wuhan, Hubei, China
- Suez Water Technologies & Solutions - Ultra Pure Water Project 1 GW Manufacturing Solar Silicon PV Cells & Modules - Kutch, Gujarat, India
Hydrosanitary systems and rainwater control networks
- Beijing Institute of Water - Beijing South-to-North Water Diversion Auxiliary Project: Hexi Branch Project - Beijing, China
- DTK Hydronet Solutions - Conceptioneering and Master Planning of Bankura Multi Village Bulk Water Supply Scheme - Bankura, West Bengal, India
- NJS Engineers India P Limited - JICA Assisted Agra Water Supply Project - Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
Attendees to the event, among which are more than 130 media press will be able to see the presentation of the projects, but also schedule special meetings with the projects of interest.
Chris Barron, head of communications at Bentley could not say it better: "The Year in Infrastructure conference is the ideal opportunity for those who lead infrastructures worldwide, to meet colleagues and learn about technologies and best practices that allow them to accelerate digital progress in their organizations. As part of this conference, we are pleased to congratulate and recognize the finalists of the awards program for their excellent work, and provide conference attendees with the opportunity to meet them, see the presentation of their projects, which represent the greatest advance in this year. the digital management of infrastructures.
This year the conference will include:
- The vision and thinking of industry leaders such as Sir John Armitt of the National Infrastructure Commission of the United Kingdom and Horst J. Kayser, Siemens strategy leader.
- Advances of the academy, through interaction in learning sessions with experts in areas such as BIM, construction, construction, research in digitalization, industrial processes and modeled reality.
- Live presentations of technologies and discussion panel with strategic Bentley partners: Microsoft, Siemens and Topcon.
- Opportunity for one-on-one interviews with the finalists of the awards.
- Informative forums of the industry and discussion panels.
The presentations of the finalists will be the 16 and 17 days in October and the gala and awards ceremony at the 18 in October.
Here you can consult the agenda.