The celebration of the 50 years of the comic has reached the cover of Google, whose creative has made a great adaptation of what is never missing in these comics. To celebrate, there has also been an unpublished version of 57 pages that includes short episodes.
And it is that, who did not have a copy in his hands and spent half an hour watching each character of a fight originated between the blacksmith and the fish seller of that small village of Gaul; many of us have come to keep them as relics of collection because each of the episodes are true works of creativity. Until today I fight with my children who take them out of the trunk and want to give them the treatment that any other comic would have, that there are very good ones but depending on the moment they are chewed first, Awaken a sense of nostalgia And fidelity thanks to its systematic continuity in 34 editions.
As this one I really liked the Belgian comic Polaco "Tintin", a shame that is difficult to find and after that version in which they visit Central America with their military coups I could not get one more. In the case of Obelix, the combination of the absurd with the story in a satirical sense and a high graphic quality makes the repetitive scenarios fun. The characters are few and do almost the same:
- The unruly singer who always tied at the end
- Obelix always hungry for wild boar
- The black Under On the pirate ship ... it always goes wrong
- Tormented and more tortasos to the Romans
- Phrases like "these Romans are crazy", "you fell in the pot", "For Tutatis!", Crushed to the extreme.
But it happens that the originality of the script and the quality in the definition of characters, environments, names and historical context are worthy of admiration, although it is recognized that the characters were acquired by Goscinny while studying in Argentina from Patoruzú and Upa, of the environment Gaucho They are the same stories, as old as the 50 years they have; They are still entertaining, to the extent of having reached flash games and movies (which I did not like by the way).
So on the fly, some more valuable scenarios that I remember:
- When they visit the American continent with the Vikings, the glu-glu and the Indian complaining that they gave him Paf!
- When they break the nose to the sphinx
- When Obelix set up a Menhir company. This whole episode is a true classic of marketing, I remember seeing it as a textbook in an advertising course.
- When the Romans get hairy for the wrong magic potion
- When they celebrate the pirate's birthday with a sausage
In the Official Site you can find game resources, reviews and more information. Among them this complete list of editions: