Discover the power of remote sensing. Experience, feel, analyze and see everything you can do without being present.
Remote Sensing (RS) contains a set of remote capture techniques and analysis of the information that allows us to know the territory without being present. The abundance of Earth observation data allows us to address many urgent environmental, geographical and geological issues.
Students will have a solid understanding of the physical principles of Remote Sensing, including the concepts of electromagnetic radiation (EM), and will also explore in detail the interaction of EM radiation with the atmosphere, water, vegetation, minerals and other types. of land from a remote sensing perspective. We will review several fields where Remote Sensing can be used, including agriculture, geology, mining, hydrology, forestry, the environment and many more.
This course guides you to learn and implement data analysis in Remote Sensing and improve your geospatial analysis skills.
What will you learn
- Understand basic concepts of Remote Sensing.
- Understand the physical principles behind the interaction of EM radiation and the multiple types of soil cover (vegetation, water, minerals, rocks, etc.).
- Understand how atmospheric components can affect a signal recorded by remote sensing platforms and how to correct them.
- Download, pre-processing, and satellite image processing.
- Remote sensor applications.
- Practical examples of remote sensing applications.
- Learn Remote Sensing with free software
- Basic knowledge of Geographic Information Systems.
- Any person interested in Remote Sensing or the use of spatial data.
- Have QGIS 3 installed
Who is the course for?
- Students, researchers, professionals, and lovers of the GIS and Remote Sensing world.
- Professionals in forestry, environmental, civil, geography, geology, architecture, urban planning, tourism, agriculture, biology and all those involved in Earth Sciences.
- Anyone wishing to use spatial data to solve geological and environmental issues.