BitCAD is one of the many alternatives that come out of the IntelliCAD initiative, which allow you to have a CAD tool, just like AutoCAD works, but at a low cost.
IntelliCAD was a founding organization of the Open Design Alliance, created to promote the computer-aided design environment whose best impact was to force AutoDesk to launch AutoCAD Lite in order to compete en price. Companies associated with IntelliCAD pay a fee for access to the development libraries and can sell the products they generate. a whole range to choose among them Bricscad, CADopia, BitCAD, CADian, progeCAD, MicroSurvey CAD and IntelliDesk.
Right now, Brics, developer of BitCAD is implementing a very creative marketing strategy. We consider that in Hispanic countries where many institutions criticize the high costs of commercial software, this type of solutions should be promoted that go through the 315 Euros but with almost all the functionalities of an AutoCAD.
Let's at least three characteristics:
Almost all IntelliCAD output solutions handle the same work environment, line commands, block library, shx fonts, AutoLisp routines and even native dwg format to work in AutoCAD style. This is very good because it allows us to shorten the learning curve of familiar users with the most popular CAD software worldwide.
It's cheaper and better than AutoCAD Lite
For a municipality or a small business or training centers, instead of using a pirated license, a solution like BitCAD is better because it will give you the functionality you require at a low cost ... even for users who are looking for a lifetime Download AutoCAD for free.
Among the best advantages over AutoCAD Lite is the possibility of having floating licenses, 3D environment, compatible with all dwg formats from the 2.5 version, possibility of development, supports AutoLisp, block preview, ActiveX with integrated editor, among other.
Support and sustainability
Although there are free CAD tools, the advantage of BitCAD is that it has a company that is responsive to its sustainability. So that apart from the license you can also buy support services in Spanish.
And if anyone is more interested in BitCAD, here are the most frequently asked questions:
- 1. Can you use digitizing tablets with BitCAD IntelliCAD V6?
- 2. Can I insert logos or photos in formats like BMP, JPG, etc.?
- 3. Can I use blocks with attributes in BitCAD IntelliCAD V6?
- 4 Are the Model Space and Paper Space environments the same as those of AutoCAD®?
- 5. Compatibility with prototypes and configuration files
- 6. I worked for many years with my own PGP configuration.
- 7. Can PLT files be generated?
- 8. Can I use my own custom menus?
- 9. Can you schedule it at Autolisp?
- 10 If BitCAD IntelliCAD V6 is so powerful, why does 10 cost less than AutoCAD®?
- 11. Does BitCAD IntelliCAD V6 work with plotters besides printers?
- 12. Are we a Teaching Center, do we need to teach CAD to our students?
- 13. Can the BitCAD IntelliCAD V6 work screen be modified?
- 14. Compatibility with market standards
- 15. Perfect solution for companies.
- 16. Minimum and recommended settings.
- 17 Will there be problems working in a network environment combined with BitCAD and AutoCAD?
- 18 Is BitCAD IntelliCAD V6 equivalent to AutoCAD® LT?
- 19. Does the dimension styles contained in a drawing preserve the drawing in BitCAD?
- 20 Is BitCAD IntelliCAD V6 compatible with my current drawings made in AutoCAD®?
- 21. I do not want to waste time or money trying to learn new CAD software