The finalist projects of the Be Inspired 2011 Awards have already been announced, an event that will again be taking place in Amsterdam, from 8 to 9 in November.
From a total of 270 organizations in 42 countries have been nominated 59 projects within 20 categories. The exercise helps Bentley to publicize his tendencies and at the same time recognize the efforts of the companies that implement their technologies. In particular I am interested in knowing the route that Project Wise and Bentley Navigator will have, of which I saw a demo last year and that these days have released versions available in the App Store; the first is a handle of several documents and the second a viewer of I-models with 360 view not only horizontally but also vertically.
The 4 special recognition awards have also been announced in the 4 areas of sustainability initiated since the Be Inspired format was launched. In this case, we are struck by the fact that the Cadastre of Mexico City has been chosen, from which we hope to see an inspiring exhibition.
Return to innovation
- Cadre Design Group, Inc. - Earthquake safety project. - (San Francisco-Oakland, California, USA)
Sustaining our society
- Secretary of Finance of the Federal District - Program for the Modernization of the Cadastre of Mexico City. (Mexico City, Mexico)
Sustaining our environment
- Shinryo Corporation - Shinryo Eco Renewal Project - (Tokyo, Japan)
Holding the profession
- GHD - (Melbourne, Australia)
The finalists of the Hispanic environment
As for the nominations, attention is drawn to at least 6 Hispanic projects that have been nominated as finalists, continues to draw attention Brazil achieved 3 nominations of the 14 proposals I was carrying:
- Project Connecting people from two continents, - (Texas, USA, and Santander, Spain) In the Connecting equipment category.
- Innovation in the planning of a Medical Center - (São Paulo, Brazil) In the category Innovation in Construction.
- Expansion of the Panama Canal - (Panama and Colon, Panama) In the Geotechnical and Environmental Engineering category.
- Cadastral and Geographic Information System (SICyG) - (Metepec, Mexico) In the category of Innovation and Government.
- Project Cristalino - (Canaã dos Carajás, Pará, Brazil) In the Mining and Metals Category.
- Motorway 108 Santa Catarina - (Angelina and Major Gercino, Santa Catarina, Brazil) In the category of Innovation and Roads.
The rest of the nominations go in this order, 37 that in some way reflects the areas where the Bentley tools have a greater presence, with more than one project per country:
- United States 12
- UK 6
- China 6
- Australia 6
- India 3
- Canadá 2
- Indonesia 2
The rest of 15 projects are one per country:
- South Korea
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
More information, such as the agenda to be discussed, roundtables and other details can be found at: